This document specifies a set of Packed Encoding Rules that may be used to derive a transfer syntax for values of types defined in Rec. ITU-T X.680 | ISO/IEC 8824-1. These Packed Encoding Rules are also to be applied for decoding such a transfer syntax in order to identify the data values being transferred.
The encoding rules specified in this document :
– are used at the time of communication;
– are intended for use in circumstances where minimizing the size of the representation of values is the major concern in the choice of encoding rules;
– allow the extension of an abstract syntax by addition of extra values, preserving the encodings of the existing values, for all forms of extension described in Rec. ITU-T X.680 | ISO/IEC 8824‑1;
– can be modified in accordance with the provisions of Rec. ITU-T X.695 | ISO/IEC 8825‑6.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2021-06
Edition: 6Number of pages: 62
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Telecommunications and information exchange between systems
- ICS :
- 35.100.60 Presentation layer
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO/IEC 8825-2:2021Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.