ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 specifies four formats that are used by parties communicating using the Publish/Subscribe (PubSub) communication model for their multimedia communication purposes.
The PubSub parties are: Publisher, Subscriber, Match Service Provider (MSP) and Consumer and the formats employed are Resource Information (RI), Publication Information (PI), Subscription Information (SI) and Notification Information (NI).
ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 specifies RI, PI, SI and NI in such a way that typical multimedia communication requirements can be supported. The following is a non-exhaustive list of such requirements.
- The Publisher can
- - describe the Resource for consumption purposes,
- - define the contract that will bind the Publisher and a Consumer,
- - request a device to report use of the Resource,
- - describe the Resource for distribution purposes,
- - define the contract that will bind the Publisher and a Match Service Provider (MSP) of a match involving the Publication, and
- - request the MSP to notify/not to notify a list of users.
- The Subscriber can
- - query the Resource,
- - define the contract that will bind the Subscriber and a Match Service Provider (MSP), and
- - request the MSP to notify/not to notify a list of users of a match involving the Subscription.
ISO/IEC 23000-16:2018 does not specify the protocols used to carry these payloads.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2018-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 27
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.