ISO/TR 27915:2017 presents a review of publicly available literature identifying materially relevant issues and options relating to "good practices" for quantifying and verifying GHG emissions and reductions at the project level. Its scope covers all components of the CCS chain (e.g. capture, transport, storage) and includes a lifecycle assessment approach to estimating project level emissions and emission reductions from project assessment, construction and operations, through to completion and post-closure activities. This document considers the following at the project level:
- a variety of Q&V related boundaries applicable to all components of a CCS project;
- the composition of the CO2 stream, including its purity, and requirements for measuring and verifying the physical and chemical state of the CO2 stream in CCS projects;
- identification and quantification of GHG emissions and reductions across integrated CCS components;
- monitoring objectives, methodologies, and sampling strategies, including locations, periods, and frequencies;
- GHG data collection and reporting;
- verifying GHG expectations with agreed verification criteria;
- life cycle assessment (LCA) of CCS projects.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2017-08
Edition: 1Number of pages: 67
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 265 Carbon dioxide capture, transportation, and geological storage
- ICS :
- 13.020.40 Pollution, pollution control and conservation
Buy this standard
|std 1 187||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO/TR 27915:2017Stage: 60.60
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.