The electronic version of this International Standard can be downloaded from the ISO/IEC Information Technology Task Force (ITTF) web site
ISO/IEC 19464:2014 defines the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), an open internet protocol for business messaging. It defines a binary wire-level protocol that allows for the reliable exchange of business messages between two parties. AMQP has a layered architecture and the specification is organized as a set of parts that reflects that architecture.
- Part 1 defines the AMQP type system and encoding.
- Part 2 defines the AMQP transport layer, an efficient, binary, peer-to-peer protocol for transporting messages between two processes over a network.
- Part 3 defines the AMQP message format, with a concrete encoding.
- Part 4 defines how interactions can be grouped within atomic transactions.
- Part 5 defines the AMQP security layers.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-05
Edition: 1Number of pages: 124
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.100.70 Application layer
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208||PDF on CD|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.60 (Under review)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.