Rigging used for marine cranes is mainly wire rope rigging. ISO 19360:2016 specifies the technical requirements of the selection and application of running rigging and standing rigging used for wire rope rigging of marine cranes.
ISO 19360:2016 specifies the minimum requirements of the allowable strength and performance level for wire ropes of marine cranes according to the design, application and maintenance requirements of cranes.
ISO 19360:2016 specifies the implementation criteria of installation, maintenance, inspection and discards for running rigging and standing rigging of marine cranes.
ISO 19360:2016 is applicable to the following types of marine crane:
- deck cranes mounted on ships for handling cargo or containers in harbour or sheltered water conditions;
- floating cranes or grab cranes mounted on barges or pontoons for operating in harbour conditions or sheltered water conditions;
- engine room cranes and provision cranes, etc. mounted on ships (including floating docks) for handling equipment and stores in harbour conditions.
ISO 19360:2016 does not apply to the following:
- loads from accidents or collisions;
- lifting operations below sea level;
- cranes which are supposed to be included in the class of the vessel and where the vessel receives a crane class notation; the contents of this document may be used however, as recommendation or guidance;
- other items where there is the danger that they might be considered in-scope are excluded from this document, such as
- - loose gear items, such as the hook block, and
- - ropes and fittings;
- cranes which are to be included in class by the class society;
- minimum ambient operating temperatures no less than −20 °C;
- maximum ambient operating temperatures above +45 °C;
- transport, assembly, dismantling and decommissioning of cranes;
- lifting accessories, i.e. any item between the crane and the load;
- lifting operations involving more than one crane;
- hand powered cranes;
- emergency rescue operations;
- shore-side cargo handling cranes;
- portable cranes on board;
- lifting appliances for lifeboats, liferafts accommodation ladders and pilot ladders;
- launching appliances for survival craft and rescue boats;
- gangways, accommodation and pilot ladders and their handling appliances.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 11
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 8/SC 4 Outfitting and deck machinery
- ICS :
- 47.020.40 Lifting and cargo handling equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.