ISO 19355:2016 specifies the structural requirements for marine cranes of metal construction.
ISO 19355:2016 is applicable to the following types of marine cranes:
- deck cranes mounted on ships for handling cargo or containers in harbour or sheltered water conditions;
- floating cranes or grab cranes mounted on ships, barges or pontoons for operating in harbour conditions;
- engine room cranes and provision cranes, etc. mounted on ships (including floating docks) for handling equipment and stores in harbour conditions.
NOTE Marine cranes in other types can refer to this document.
ISO 19355:2016 is not applicable to the following:
- minimum ambient operating temperatures below −20 °C;
- maximum ambient operating temperatures above +45 °C;
- loads from accidents or collisions;
- lifting operations below sea level;
- transport, assembly, dismantling and decommissioning of cranes;
- lifting accessories, i.e. any item between the crane and the load;
- lifting operations involving more than one crane;
- hand powered cranes;
- emergency rescue operations;
- shore-side cargo handling cranes;
- portable cranes on board;
- lifting appliances for lifeboats, liferafts accommodation ladders and pilot ladders;
- launching appliances for survival craft and rescue boats;
- gangways, accommodation and pilot ladders and their handling appliances.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 9
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 8/SC 4 Outfitting and deck machinery
- ICS :
- 47.020.40 Lifting and cargo handling equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 61|
|std 2 61||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.