This specification, EPUB Media Overlays 3.0, defines a usage of [SMIL] (Synchronized Multimedia
Integration Language), the Package Document, the EPUB® Style Sheet, and the EPUB Content
Document for representation of audio synchronized with the EPUB Content Document.
This specification is one of a family of related specifications that compose EPUB 3, the third major
revision of an interchange and delivery format for digital publications based on XML and Web Standards. It
is meant to be read and understood in concert with the other specifications that make up EPUB 3:
· The EPUB 3 Overview [EPUB3Overview], which provides an informative overview of EPUB and a
roadmap to the rest of the EPUB 3 documents. The Overview should be read first.
· EPUB Publications 3.0 [Publications30], which defines publication-level semantics and
overarching conformance requirements for EPUB Publications.
· EPUB Content Documents 3.0 [ContentDocs30], which defines profiles of XHTML, SVG and CSS
for use in the context of EPUB Publications.
· EPUB Open Container Format (OCF) 3.0 [OCF3], which defines a file format and processing
model for encapsulating a set of related resources into a single-file (ZIP) EPUB Container.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 28
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Document description and processing languages
- ICS :
- 35.240.30 IT applications in information, documentation and publishing
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145|
|std 2 145||Paper|
ISO/IEC TS 30135-5:2014
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.