ISO/IEC 24727 specifies a set of programming interfaces and protocols enabling interactions between integrated circuit cards (ICCs) and applications resident on a variety of computer platforms. The ICCs provide generic services for multi-sector use by the applications. The organization and the operation of the ICCs conform to ISO/IEC 7816 4. It is anticipated that some application domains will seek to achieve interoperability through ISO/IEC 24727 facilities even though the applications pre-exist these facilities. To this end, various means of backward compatibility are established through mechanisms specified in ISO/IEC 24727.
ISO/IEC 24727-1:2014 specifies
- system architecture and principles of operation,
- the means for achieving interoperability among diverse application domains,
- the conceptual service and data models that span the relevant application domains, and
- the rationale for trusted processes enabled under these models.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2014-06
Edition: 2Number of pages: 19
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Cards and security devices for personal identification
- ICS :
- 35.240.15 Identification cards. Chip cards. Biometrics
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.