ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005 includes specifications for how information about objects, e.g. persons, is organized, created, maintained and retrieved. It also gives provisions for protecting stored information through authentication and access control specifications.
ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005 provides a number of different models for the Directory as a framework for the other ISO/IEC 9594 parts. It specifies the basis for Directory protocol specifications. The models are:
- the overall (functional) model;
- the administrative authority model;
- generic Directory Information models providing Directory User and Administrative User view on Directory information;
- service administration model;
- generic Directory System Agent (DSA) and DSA information models;
- operational framework: and
- a security model.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-12
Edition: 5Number of pages: 234
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 6 Telecommunications and information exchange between systems
- ICS :
- 35.100.70 Application layer
ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005/Cor 1:2008Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005/Cor 2:2010Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005/Cor 3:2011Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 9594-2:2005/Cor 4:2012
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.