ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005 specifies the coded representation of interactive audio-visual scenes and applications.
It specifies the following tools:
- the coded representation of the spatio-temporal positioning of audio-visual objects as well as their behaviour in response to interaction (scene description);
- the coded representation of synthetic two-dimensional (2D) or three-dimensional (3D) objects that can be manifested audibly and/or visually;
- the Extensible MPEG-4 Textual (XMT) format, a textual representation of the multimedia content described in ISO/IEC 14496 using the Extensible Markup Language (XML); and
- a system level description of an application engine (format, delivery, lifecycle, and behaviour of dowloadable Java byte code applications).
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2005-12
Edition: 1Number of pages: 513
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
ISO/IEC 14496-1:2001/Amd 1:2001Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-1:2001/Amd 4:2003
ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005Stage: 95.99
Corrigenda / AmendmentsWithdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005/Amd 5:2007Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005/Cor 5:2008Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005/Amd 6:2009Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005/Cor 6:2007Withdrawn
ISO/IEC 14496-11:2005/Amd 7:2010
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.