This standard has been revised by ISO/IEC 13250-2:2006 | ISO/IEC 13250-3:2007 | ISO/IEC 13250-4:2009 | ISO/IEC 13250-5:2015 | ISO/IEC 13250-6:2010
ISO/IEC 13250:2003 (2nd edition) specifies two syntaxes for the interchange of Topic Maps. One of these syntaxes is based on the ISO/IEC 10744:1997 (HyTime) meta-DTD (meta Document Type Definition), and it is itself specified as a meta-DTD. The other, called XTM (XML Topic Maps), is specified as an eXtensible Markup Language (XML) DTD.
Both syntaxes allow the expression of:
- associations between subjects of discourse and zero or more of their names, to be used in various contexts,
- associations between subjects and occurrences (pieces of relevant addressable information),
- user-defined associations among any arbitrary subjects of discourse,
- user-defined subjects which are classes of subjects, including classes of associations and the distinct roles that are played in instances of associations, and
- scopes, expressed as sets of subjects, within the context of which specific associations are meant to be understood as valid and/or relevant.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2003-05
Edition: 2Number of pages: 41
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Document description and processing languages
- ICS :
- 35.240.30 IT applications in information, documentation and publishing
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
ISO/IEC 13250:2003Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.