ISO 16737:2006 governs the application of algebraic equation sets to the calculation of specific characteristics of vent flows.
ISO 16737:2006 is an implementation of the general requirements provided in ISO/TR 13387-3 for the case of fire dynamics calculations involving sets of algebraic equations.
ISO 16737:2006 is arranged in the form of a template, where specific information relevant to algebraic vent-flow equations is provided to satisfy the following types of general requirements:
- description of physical phenomena addressed by the calculation method;
- documentation of the calculation procedure and its scientific basis;
- limitations of the calculation method;
- input parameters for the calculation method;
- domain of applicability of the calculation method.
Examples of sets of algebraic equations meeting all the requirements of ISO 16737:2006 are provided for each different type of vent flow scenario. One informative annex contains general information and conservation relationships for vent flows and a second informative annex contains specific algebraic equations for calculation of vent flow characteristics.