ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 specifies a card application. This application contains information on cryptographic functionality. Further, ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 defines a common syntax (in ASN.1) and format for the cryptographic information and mechanisms to share this information whenever appropriate.
ISO/IEC 7816-15:2004 supports the following capabilities:
- storage of multiple instances of cryptographic information in a card;
- use of the cryptographic information;
- retrieval of the cryptographic information;
- cross-referencing of the cryptographic information with DOs defined in ISO/IEC 7816 when appropriate;
- different authentication mechanisms; and
- multiple cryptographic algorithms.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-01
Edition: 1Number of pages: 70
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 17 Cards and security devices for personal identification