ISO/IEC 15444-4:2002 specifies the framework, concepts, methodology for testing, and criteria to be achieved to claim compliance to ITU-T Recommendation T.800 | ISO/IEC 15444-1. It provides a framework for specifying abstract test suites and for defining the procedures to be followed during compliance testing.
- specifies compliance testing procedures for encoding and decoding using JPE 2000 Part 1 (ITU-T Recommendation T.800 | ISO/IEC 15444-1);
- specifies codestreams, decoded images, and error metrics to be used with the testing procedures;
- specifies abstract test suites;
- provides guidance for creating an encoder compliance test.
ISO/IEC 15444-4:2002 does not include the following tests:
Acceptance testing: the process of determining whether an implementation satisfies acceptance criteria and enables the user to determine whether or not to accept the implementation. This includes the planning and execution of several kinds of tests (e.g. functionality, quality, and speed performance testing) that demonstrate that the implementation satisfies the user requirements.
Performance testing: measures the performance characteristics of an Implementation Under Test (IUT) such as its throughput, responsiveness, etc., under various conditions.
Robustness testing: the process of determining how well an implementation processes data which contains errors.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2002-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 50
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.30 Coding of graphical and photographical information
ISO/IEC 15444-4:2002Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.