This Recommendation | International Standard defines a Systems Management Function which may be used by an application process in a centralized or decentralized management environment to interact for the purpose of systems management, as defined by CCITT Rec. X.700 | ISO/IEC 7498-4. This Recommendation | International Standard defines the Command Sequencer which consists of generic definitions, services and functional units. This function is positioned in the application layer of ITU-T Rec. X.200 | ISO/IEC 7498-1 and is defined according to the model provided by ISO 9545. The role of systems management functions is described by ITU Rec. X.701 | ISO/IEC 10040.
This Recommendation | International Standard:
– establishes user requirements for the Command Sequencer;
– establishes models that relate the services provided by the function to user requirements;
– defines the services provided by the function;
– specifies the protocol that is necessary in order to provide the services;
– defines the relationship between the services and SMI operations and notifications;
– defines relationships with other systems management functions;
– specifies conformance requirements;
– defines a scripting language for use in the command sequencer environment.
This Recommendation | International Standard does not:
– define the nature of any implementation intended to provide the Command Sequencer;
– specify the manner in which management is accomplished by the use of the Command Sequencer;
– define the nature of any instructions which result in the use of the Command Sequencer;
– specify the services necessary for the establishment, normal, abnormal release of management associations.