This part of ISO/IEC 10026 provides
a) a statement (clauses 6 to 11) of the nature of the automaton giving the necessary behaviour of each of
the participating entities which are providing the OSI TP Service, covering
1) the actions to be taken on receiving request and response primitives issued by a TP Service user
2) the actions to be taken on receiving indication and confirm primitives issued by the presentation
3) the actions to be taken as a result of certain events within the local system;
4) the actions to be taken as a result of interactions with other ASEs;
b) the definition (clause 12) of the abstract syntax required to convey the TP protocol control information;
c) the conformance requirements to be met by implementations of this protocol (clause 13).
The scope of this part of ISO/IEC 10026 is limited to the interconnection of systems; it does not specify or
restrict the implementation of possible interfaces within a computer system.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 1998-12
Edition: 3Number of pages: 835
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1 Information technology
- ICS :
- 35.100.70 Application layer
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.