The NSI is established by Section 2 of the Standards Act, 2005 (Act No. 18 of 2005) as the national standards body of Namibia responsible for the promotion of standardization and quality assurance in the industry, commerce and the public sector in Namibia, with the aim of improving product quality, industrial efficiency and productivity and promoting trade so as to achieve optimum benefit for the people of Namibia.
To be recognised as the centre of excellence for standardisation in Namibia.
Promoting standardisation of products for the safety of consumers, protection of the environment and improved access to global markets
Creating Peace of Mind
The organizational values of the NSI are an important building block to guide employees and its stakeholders in fulfilling the business goals.
• Stakeholder and customer centricity
• Integrity and ethics
• Respect for people
• Excellence & quality
The NSI Strategic Plan for 2017/2021 has identified the following Strategic themes in line with the NSI Core Ideology:
- Meeting and exceeding stakeholders expectations
- Meeting client service delivery requirements
- Creating and enabling environment for performance excellence
- Developing and maintaining operational capabilities and efficiencies
- Long term financial sustainability
Namibian Standards Institution
P.O Box 26364
Tel: +264 61 386 400
Fax: +264 61 386 454